Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Yahoo 360

I see Yahoo has released their entry into the blog stakes (thus matching Google's acquisition of Blogger.com and MSN's efforts with Spaces). Being a compulsive techno-tinkerer, I can't help but feel obligated to get on to the beta version and see what I can see.

Yes, I've already got this (somewhat neglected...) site on Blogger.com...and yes, I've got an MSN Space...but neither exactly fits what I'm looking for. Spaces has its restrictive user agreements (notice I don't call them censorship...if you don't like the policy, you can go practice your right to free speech on another free service...no harm no foul. MSN is responsible first and foremost to their largest core of users and if that body of users feels a strict user agreement is required then that's what MSN is going to do. If I don't like it, I can leave), its minimal photo storage, its overly simple text editor, and the hordes of teens who crawl over its sites. Blogger requires considerably more effort to modify, has no option for an integral photo album, and - quite honestly - it's difficult to generate readership (what can I say? I like to write...and I like people to read what I write. I get that more from Spaces than Blogger).

Of course, entry to Yahoo 360 is currently by invitation only. Not to worry...I've already set up my Yahoo e-mail account and I await invitation. Hm...do I need to wave my arms or anything, I wonder? What's that they say about a watched pot never boils...?

Update:

Well, that certainly didn't take long. My thanks to Dave.


No comments: