Army to rebid Halliburton unit contract - Yahoo! News
And an obligatory over-the-top response from a Democratic Senator:
"It has taken them far too long," Sen. Byron Dorgan (news, bio, voting record), D-N.D., said of the Army decision. "I believe literally hundreds of millions and probably billions of dollars have been wasted — it's almost an unbelievable amount of waste and abuse and likely fraud."
Is he talking about term limits for Congress perhaps? Unfortunately, no. Keep an eye on the next set of contracts and how much they cost to set up and maintain. Providing basic services in austere environments is difficult (and, therefore, expensive) at best...impossible when the wrong folks are chosen to carry out the contract. I've run across KBR since my days in Bosnia and they have always provided quality service above and beyond that provided by their military equivalents. I also know quite a few folks who've worked for KBR...and they speak unreservedly of the ever-tightening standards to which they are held in the name of good stewardship of government money. Can the same be said of the Senate? Hm....
No comments:
Post a Comment