Does this make me a geek?
I noticed an odd entry in my statistics yesterday - it was a reference to "translate.google.com" and when I clicked on the referring page, I found myself faced with one of my Blog entries...translated into German. I don't know enough German to judge the quality of translation, but I was fascinated by the capability. Fascinated enough that I went to Google, hunted down a German news page, and had it translated. Here's the result. Perfect? Nope. Not by a long shot. Fascinating? To me...yes. As this technology develops, think of the implications. I can literally go to any web page in any language, and find out what's being said - straight from the "horse's mouth," so to speak. So far, there are only a few languages available for translation - but the list is growing, as is the comprehension capabilities of the translation sites.
If you're interested in taking a look for yourself, check out the Google translation page here.
No comments:
Post a Comment